Coaching Skills for Leaders 2015
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Our executive coaching programme is for senior leaders who are responsible for their own team’s performance and have a pivotal role in contributing to the success of their organisation.
The programme content includes coaching models, emotional intelligence models, frameworks for developing personal and team coaching agendas and coach practice.
WHY CONSIDER A COACHING SKILLS PROGRAMME?
Coaching is a non-directive approach to managing performance and when used appropriately can facilitate growth and support organisational change.
The content of this programme contributes to business performance in a number of ways, including:
- Clarity of vision and purpose
- Focusing on team engagement
- Working through collaboration and co-creation
- Fostering a culture that supports creativity and innovation
- Stimulating innovative and solution-focused thinking
- Navigating complexity and ambiguity
- Effective decision-making
- Managing energy
- Developing resilience and reducing stress
Our approach is a combination of theory and experiential learning, providing delegates with the tools and framework they need to develop insight into their own style and the impact this has on the people around them.
On the programme, as well as learning EQ theory and coaching models, delegates will have many opportunities to coach and be coached. Up to 50% of the programme duration is supervised coach practice.
This coach practice allows delegates time to identify their own coaching agenda and to be coached on that agenda.
Practice and reflection are key elements in the learning process. As well as the taught modules, in the longer programmes there is a requirement for delegates to practice their coaching skills in coaching conversations and to capture their learnings in a 1000 word reflection.
Our programmes are tailored to meet specific client needs and can be delivered at the client’s premises, off-site or as a residential programme. We recommend 3 to 5 day programmes for maximum effect. However, programmes can be tailored to 1 or 2 days.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Specifically we have senior leaders and managers in mind, however with research telling us that emotional intelligence accounts for 58% of performance in all job types everyone at every level in the organisation will gain significantly in terms of personal efficacy and performance. This programme is for leaders and organisations with an interest in coaching who are looking to develop a coaching culture.
The topics covered will be tailored to specific needs and programme duration.
- Understanding your organisational context and culture
- Coaching overview
- Coaching principals and models
- Coaching for performance
- Coach practice
- Driving impact and presence through emotional intelligence
- Situational leadership
- Managing individual change
- Team coaching models and process (for company’s specific programmes
- Bringing coaching skills back into the organisation
10 – 12 participantsDownload a pdf of the 2015 Coaching Skills for Leaders
back to news